- What is it: One number associated with your billing address, with an associated Security PIN
- What you can use it for:
- Manage your account on the phone
- Create a Comcast ID to manage your services online
- Where to find it: Always on the top right corner of your bill
- How to get it: Assigned automatically when you sign up for your first Comcast service
Primary comcast id
- What is it: A username and password with a secret question and answer for password recovery, one for each account number
- What you can use it for:
- Manage your account online
- Use online features you subscribe to, including watching TV online, managing your DVR online, checking email and listening to voicemail
- Where to find it: Use the online lookup tool.
- How to get it: Created for you when you activate Internet service; or you can create it online.
Account numbers and PINs
Your most basic credential as a Comcast customer is your account number. This is found in the top right corner of each bill you receive and there is exactly one of them for each billing address. Your account number is created when you sign up for any Comcast service, does not change, and is only used to pay your bill and to speak on the phone with our support team, or to manually create your primary Comcast ID online if one has not already been created for you.
Each account number also is associated with a single Security PIN, so you can identify yourself over the phone when you call us.
For security reasons, Comcast cannot manually change your Security PIN. If you would like to change your Security PIN, you can log in to Customer Central, XFINITY Connect, or the Digital Voice Center to make the change.
As noted above, your account can also have a few other PINs, which are different from your Security PIN.
If you have TV service with us, your Parental Control PIN can be used to restrict access to content. To set it:
- Press the Menu button on your remote (2 times)
- Highlight the Parental Control feature on the screen
- Press OK/Select and follow the on-screen instructions
Note that are also separate online Parental Control PINs for XTv and TV Everywhere.
If you have Digital Voice, each phone number on your account will have a Voice PIN to log into voicemail via phone.
Comcast IDs, usernames and passwords
Online, your account number is associated with Comcast IDs for each person on your account. Each Comcast ID has a contact email address, a password and a secret question and answer, in case you lose your password.Online, your account number is associated with Comcast IDs for each person on your account. Each Comcast ID has a contact email address, a password and a secret question and answer, in case you lose your password.
The main Comcast ID for your account is called your primary Comcast ID. This is the username you can use to pay your bill, manage your services and manage your secondary Comcast ID on your account for other members of your home.
If you're an Internet customer with us, your primary Comcast ID was created when you activated your Internet service. If you don't have one, you can create a new primary Comcast ID online using your account number or the last four digits of your social security number plus your date of birth. The primary Comcast ID can create new secondary Comcast IDs using Customer Central.
All users can use Comcast IDs to:
- Watch premium TV shows and movies online (note that access to premium content such as HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz is restricted to customers who subscribe to those channels in their TV package)
- Record live TV to your DVR from anywhere with DVR Manager
- Plan and manage your home entertainment with myTV
- Check and manage emails online with XFINITY Connect (if you have XFINITY Internet service)
- Listen to voicemails on the go (if you have XFINITY Voice service)
If you forget your Comcast ID, use the UID Lookup Tool. Also, if you forget your password you can reset it with our Password Reset Tool. or chat with a Comcast Customer Service Representative.