Get ready for your Comcast service visit with this checklist.
Prepare for Your Appointment
To be ready for your installation, make sure that:
- All TVs and computers are in your home at the time of the installation.
- All cable outlets are accessible, or you know where you want them installed.
- Someone 18 years or older will be present for the duration of the installation (For XFINITY Home installations, this individual must be an authorized account holder).
- All equipment you already have (e.g., wireless cards, modems, routers) is available to the technician.
- All computers meet minimum system requirements.
- Television sets and/or entertainment center are at least three to five feet away from the wall.
- The installation window generally takes between two and four hours (For XFINITY Home, the installation may take four hours or longer)
Additional XFINITY Home requirements:
- All charges for Installation and additional equipment are due at the time of installation and are payable only by credit card.
- Additional equipment that may enhance the design and functionality of your XFINITY Home system can be added during installation.
- For XFINITY Home Secure service, you will need to sign a 36-month agreement.
- If applicable, you are responsible for obtaining and completing an alarm user permit.
- Please have your primary Comcast ID and password available at the time of installation.
- Please have assessment and order forms from the sales representative ready for your technician (if available).
Need to reschedule your appointment? Contact us
We're committed to providing you with excellent customer service. Get answers at our online support section or chat with an interactive agent 24/7.
Thank you for allowing Comcast to connect you to what’s important in your life. We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you!