Watch TV On Your Schedule with DVR (Digital Video Recorder) Service
What is DVR? A simple way to record and watch your favorite shows.
DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder. It lets you record any TV program and watch it at a later time. It also allows you to rewind and fast-forward live TV, pause a show, or even create your own instant replays, and watch in slow motion.
To get more answers to your DVR questions, or to order a DVR, visit our product page.
Control Your Programs
With DVR service from Comcast, you can pause live TV, view an instant replay or rewind your favorite scenes — all with your remote.
- Pause: Instantly freeze the action. Press Play to resume the program.
- Instant Replay: Immediately repeat the last 15 seconds of a live program or recording by pressing the Instant Replay button until you arrive at the part you want to replay.
- Rewind / Fast-Forward: Available at up to four different speeds to the point of the live broadcast. Press multiple times to increase speed. Press Play to resume at normal speed.
- Skip Forward or Skip Back: Skip in five-minute intervals backward or forward to the point of the live broadcast.
- LIVE: Skip forward to the live point of a program.
- My DVR: Displays the DVR Menu options.
Record a Program
TV Listings Screen
Record from TV Listings:
Record while watching TV:
- Highlight the program you want to record and press the Record button on your Comcast remote. A red dot will appear next to the program title indicating that it's scheduled to record.
- Press the Record button on your remote. You'll receive a recording notice on your screen.
Watch a DVR Recording
DVR Menu Screen
- Press the My DVR button on your Comcast remote and select My Recordings.
- Highlight a program and press the OK/Select button on the remote.
- Select the Play button to begin.
XFINITY's DVR Manager
With XFINITY's DVR Manager, you can schedule and manage DVR recordings from your computer and mobile device, so you’re always in control of your DVR anywhere you go.
- Go to xfinity.com/mydvr.
- Log in with your Comcast ID and complete the activation process.
- Go to xfinity.com/tv and select TV Listings to find and record programs.
Your DVR Also Lets You
- Record a Series:
- While in TV Listings, highlight the TV series you want to record, press the Record button on your Comcast remote twice and select the Series Recording option. Or press the Info button, select the Record icon from the Program Information screen and select the Series Recording option.
- Swap Between Two Programs:
- Press the Swap button to switch back and forth between the two tuners of your DVR so you can control the action of two programs. You can rewind what you have missed or fast-forward to skip ahead in the program you have paused. If you flip between the two programs without using the Swap button (for example, pressing the Last button) you will lose the buffer.
DVR service requires an XFINITY TV subscription. Monthly DVR service fee applies. Not all services available with all XFINITY packages. DVR Manager is not compatible with retail DVR devices such as TiVo.