The Auto-Tune feature allows you to change to a channel without having to enter all three or four digits of the channel number. For example, with Auto-Tune enabled, you can go to channel 2 by simply entering the numbers 2, 02, or 002 on your remote control. When Auto-Tune is disabled, you must enter the full three- or four-digit channel number (for example, 0002) or press the OK/Select button after entering the channel number.
Accessing The Auto-Tune Feature
You can access Auto-Tune settings from the Setup menu in the on-screen guide of your XFINITY TV set-top box.
Note: Customers with the X1 guide: When you select a number while in the guide, a Quick Search option appears on the right side of the screen. The Quick Search list displays the channel/station which matches your search (if available), and any other matching channels. To tune to the channel using Quick Search, press the arrow-down key and select OK. If you don't press any keys within five seconds, the guide will automatically jump to the matching channel.
Enable/Disable Auto-Tune with Most On Screen Guides
To enable or disable the Auto-Tune feature on most XFINITY TV guides:
- Press Menu twice on your remote control to access the Main Menu.
- Select Setup.
- Select Guide Setup.
- Arrow down to Channel entry method or Channel entry behavior.
- Select Auto-Tune to enable the feature, or select No Auto Tune to disable the feature.
Note: Auto Tune to HD
will be disabled if the user does not have an HD set-top box or HD TV. The option to turn the feature on or off in the preferences menu is grayed out in the display.
Using The Auto-Tune Feature with the X1 Guide
If you have X1, and your guide display matches the image below, follow these steps to select your preferred method of channel-entry:
Changing the Channel Entry Method to Auto or Manual
- From the Main Menu, select Help & Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Navigate to the Channel entry method field.
- Select Auto or Manual (based on your preference).
Changing the Channel Entry Method to Always Watch in HD or to Do Not Always Watch in HD
- Press the XFINITY button on your remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device Settings.
- Select Video Display.
- Select or clear Always watch in HD, depending on your preference.