Record more of the shows you love without worrying about filling up your DVR. External DVR storage allows you to expand your existing Comcast DVR's storage capacity with an external hard drive. Record and playback shows as you normally would and enjoy the increased storage of your DVR.
Western Digital’s My Book AV DVR Expander is the external hard drive that has been tested and approved to work with Comcast DVRs by providing an additional 1 terabyte of storage.
To Order an External Hard Drive
To order a Western Digital external hard drive, check to make sure that you:
If you live in a supported area and have a compatible Comcast DVR, visit store.westerndigital.com/mybookavcomcast
to order your Western Digital external hard drive, My Book AV DVR Expander.
Comcast Areas Where DVRs Support External Hard Drives
To see which Comcast DVR you have, look for the Motorola, Cisco or Scientific Atlanta label on your Comcast DVR.
Cisco and Scientific Atlantic (SA) Comcast DVRs
Cisco and Scientific Atlanta DVRs support external hard drives in all Cisco/SA Markets. The Cisco RNG 200 and RNG200N do not work with On-Screen Guide 2.0. For more information, please see On-Screen Guide 2.0 Information.
Motorola Comcast DVRs
Motorola DVRs support external hard drives in all markets except for the Jacksonville market in Florida.
Supported DVR Models
The following models of Comcast DVRs support external hard drives. If your DVR has an eSATA port on the back, it should support external hard drives with up to 1 terabyte of storage capacity.
- Motorola Comcast DVRs: DCH3416, DCH6416, DCT3412, DCT3416, DCT6412, DCT6416, DCX3501, RNG200N
- Cisco/Scientific Atlantic (SA) Comcast DVRs: Cisco RNG200, Cisco RNG200N, SA 8000, SA 8000HD, SA 8010, SA 8010HD, SA 8300, SA 8300HD/HDC
External hard drives are not
available with XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System set-top boxes.
Western Digital Customer Support
If you are having an issue with your Western Digital external hard drive:
- Support Website: Visit the Western Digital Service & Support website
- US and Canada Western Digital Support Center: 1-800-275-4932 (Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM CT or Friday - Sunday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CT)
- US Spanish Language Western Digital Support Center: 1-949-672-7199 (Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM CT or Friday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CT)
For issues with external hard drives by other
manufacturers, please contact the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to frequently asked questions about your new Western Digital hard drive, please see External DVR Storage FAQs.
Note: DVR service requires an XFINITY TV subscription and DVR set-top box. Monthly DVR service fee applies. XFINITY service not available in all areas.