We understand there are some programs that you don't want your kids to see. So we created convenient tools you can use to:
- Block specific channels.
- Hide adult and mature titles.
- Set locks based on severity of ratings or content.
- Prevent your children from purchasing programs without your consent.
If you're using parental controls for the first time, you'll be prompted to create a Locks PIN
, which activates all parental controls. This is different than a Purchase PIN which restricts purchases of XFINITY On Demand and Pay-Per-View programming. If you forget your PIN, you can call Comcast customer service
to reset it.
The below instructions may vary depending on your on-screen guide, but the basic Parental Control functions should remain the same. View your on-screen guide for more details.
If you have the X1 Platform from XFINITY, please see X1 Platform from XFINITY - Using Parental Controls
for more information on Parental Controls for your set-top box.
How to set Parental Controls
From the Main Menu:
While watching a Program (or channel):
- Press the Menu button twice on your Comcast remote control and select Parental Control.
- Enter (or create) your Locks PIN.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to choose what you want to block and press the OK/Select button to make your selection.
Parental Control Main Menu
- If you set a Ratings Lock, a Lock icon will appear next to the rating(s) you locked, as well as the ratings that are more restrictive.
Movie Rating Locks
- To set Parental Controls quickly, set Movie Rating and TV Rating Locks. These locks block both XFINITY On Demand and TV Programs that have the ratings you select.
- Press the Info button on your remote and select the Lock icon, or press the A button.
- Select to lock the program by title, channel or rating.
Program Info Lock Options
Make the most of your parental control options
|TV Rating Locks
||Block access to all shows with a specific TV rating.
|TV Content Locks
||Block access to specific types of TV content:: Violence, Suggestive Dialogue, Sexual Situations and Language. These locks do not apply to XFINITY On Demand programming.
|Movie Rating Locks
||Block access to all movies with a specific rating including XFINITY On Demand movies.
||Provide options to temporarily bypass locks or permanently clear locks to allow unrestricted access to previously locked programming.
||Block access to all XFINITY On Demand programs.
||Replaces the titles of mature audience programs rated Adult or TV-MA within the on-screen guide with the words "Adult Programming" or "TV-MA Programming".
||Restricts unauthorized orders of XFINITY On Demand programs and Pay-Per-View events.
For more information on protecting your family, please visit our Parent Resource Center
or call 1-866-781-1888.
XFINITY services not available in all areas. Converter and remote required for XFINITY On Demand services.