Find out how to make your VCR and Digital Adapter play nice.
Here's how to record shows on your VCR from your Digital Adapter:
- Set your VCR to record channel 3 or 4 (depending on the manufacturer’s instructions) for the time the program is airing.
- Tune the Digital Adapter to the channel you wish to record.
VCRs are only able to record the channel your Digital Adapter is tuned to. To record different programs at different times, you’ll have to change the channel on your adapter.
Have a digital set-top box? You can program your digital set-top-box
along with your VCR to record different channels at different times.
Then you need to set your VCR:
- Turn on the VCR and tune it to channel 3 or 4 (depending on the manufacturer's instructions).
- Program the VCR to record channel 3 or 4 for the time the program you wish to record is airing.
- When the program starts, the cable box will automatically tune to the program so your VCR can record it.
If you set your VCR timer to tape a program and it didn't work, you should:
- Check to see if your television and VCR are on the correct channel to record. In most areas that is channel 3 or 4.
- Make sure the Digital Adapter is tuned to the channel you wish to record.
- Make sure the time is set correctly on your VCR.