Your XFINITY remote can be paired with select set-top boxes, allowing you to operate them when they are placed out of sight, like in an entertainment center or another room (as far as 50 feet away). You also don’t have to point it directly at the set-top box in order to change a channel or select an option. This Aim Anywhere technology controls set-top boxes through radio frequency, which is more efficient and can save battery life.
Note: Once your remote is successfully paired with your set-top box, it will not control any other set-top box you have in your home.
Pair the Remote
The following instructions apply to XR2 and XR5 model remotes. For your reference, the model number is located on the back of the remote control.
- Make sure the remote batteries are installed and your TV and set-top box are powered on.
- Make sure your TV is set to the input connected to your set-top box.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote for 3 seconds until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
- Press the xfinity button on the remote. The LED will begin flashing.
Note: you may need to press the xfinity button up to 5 times if there are multiple set-top boxes in range.
- Follow the on-screen pairing instructions to enter the 3-digit pairing code.
- Once the on-screen pairing code is correctly entered, your remote is paired with the set-top box.
To disable pairing between an XFINITY remote and set-top box or digital adapter:
- Press and hold the Setup button for 3 seconds until the LED on the remote changes from red to green.
- Press 9-8-7.
Note: The LED will blink green twice indicating that pairing has been disabled.