Using DVR Manager is easy. Just follow these steps.
Scheduling a Recording
Schedule recordings with DVR Manager:
Access DVR Manager:
- Online, go to http://www.xfinity.com. From the XFINITY Connect app or XFINITY TV Remote app, launch the app.
- Sign in using your Comcast ID and password
- Select TV Listings
- From here you may schedule a recording from a program listing or choose Saved to go directly to your DVR Manager page.
Schedule recordings with DVR Manager at least thirty minutes before the show begins.
- Click on the program in the grid or search results.
- If you have multiple DVRs in your home, select the DVR that you would like to record from.
- Choose Record Program/Episode or Record Series on the program information screen.
- Select your recording options.
- Confirm your options and choose Record Episode or Record Series.
- A confirmation message will display.
When you’re scheduling a recording, you can choose any DVR on your account. If you want to record the same program or series to more than one DVR in your home, you’ll have to record it separately on each DVR.
Note that DVR Manager won't stop you from setting up recordings for programs or channels to which you don’t subscribe. However, your DVR will only record those programs that are included in the services on your account.
When first scheduling from the web or a mobile device, check your DVR set-top box to verify that it received your instructions. The program will appear in your DVR's list of scheduled recordings and will show a red record indicator.
The show’s Program Information Screen and TV Listings will also show the record icon. You can modify the service by clicking on the Recording Settings.
You can deactivate DVR Manager service through your DVR. Using your remote control:
- Press Menu twice.
- Select Setup.
- Select Remote Access Setup.
- Select Cancel Service.
Moving a scheduled recording from one DVR to another
It’s easy to transfer a scheduled recording from one DVR to another DVR.
- Select the scheduled recording from the Scheduled Recording or Series Priority Manager tab.
- Use the option Record On DVR to move to another DVR on your account.
- You will see the scheduled recording disappear from the list and reappear on the DVR you selected.
Changing the options for scheduled recordings
You can change your recording options when you set up the recordings—or after they’ve been scheduled.
If they’ve already been scheduled:
- Go to DVR Manager.
- Select Scheduled Recordings or Edit Mode depending on your device.
- Modify the options for recording a single program in the Scheduled Recordings tab.
- Change the options for a series in the Series Priority Manager tab.
- You can also cancel the series or episode by selecting Cancel Episode or Cancel Series.
Dealing with scheduling conflicts
When you are scheduling your DVR to record programs, you may run into a conflict – that is, you may schedule the DVR to record three shows that are scheduled for the same time. Take the following steps to avoid missing your favorite shows.
Note: It is recommended that you complete the steps below online or from the DVR set-top box at home.
When scheduling a single show:
- Click Record This if you want to record this show in the event of a scheduling conflict.
- Click Don’t Record This if you do not want to record this show in the event of a scheduling conflict.
When scheduling a series:
- Click High priority if you want to record these episodes in the event of a scheduling conflict.
- Click Low priority if you do not want to record these episodes in the event of a scheduling conflict.
Solving scheduling conflicts with a dual-tuner DVR
If you have a dual-tuner DVR, you’ll be able to record two shows at the same time. When you schedule a new series to record, it will automatically go to the bottom of your series priority list (unless you specify to make the series top priority). A low-priority series will only record if there are not two other programs being recorded at the same time.
If you would like to change the priority of a series in your dual-tuner DVR, take the following steps:
- Select Saved in the upper right-hand corner of TV Listings.
- Select the DVR Manager tab.
- Select the Series Priority tab.
- Select the series recording you want to modify and click on the up arrow (to move it up the priority list) or down arrow (to move it down the list).
- Click Update Priority.
Viewing your list of scheduled recordings
It’s easy to check your schedule of recordings once you log in with your Comcast ID and password.
- Select Saved in the upper right-hand corner of TV listings.
- Select the DVR Manager tab.
- Select the Scheduled Recordings tab. Here, you can review all of your scheduled recordings by day, modify individual recordings settings, or cancel a recording.