With XFINITY's AnyRoom DVR service, you can watch your recorded programs in any room you want. You can start watching a recording in one room and then finish it in another, or even have different recordings play in different rooms at the same time.
Are you looking for information on the X1 Platform from XFINITY AnyRoom DVR service? If so, please click here.
With AnyRoom DVR service, you'll get:
- The convenience to start watching a recording in one room and finish it in another.
- The flexibility to watch different recordings on different TVs at the same time.
- HD service on every HDTV in your house
How AnyRoom DVR service works:
- AnyRoom DVR service includes one primary DVR that provides full access to the DVR features of your On-Screen Guide such as the ability to schedule or delete a recording or control live TV.
- The primary DVR is linked to networked set-top boxes in your home.
Networked Set-top Boxes allow you to:
- Play completed recordings and recordings in progress.
- Sort recordings and view recordings in DVR folders.
- Fast-forward, rewind, pause and skip ahead or skip back when watching any recorded program.
- Resume playback of a recording you started watching on your AnyRoom DVR.
- Access High-Definition (HD) content on HD televisions.
As you get started with AnyRoom DVR, keep in mind:
- You won’t be able to transfer recordings from other DVRs you may have in your home to your AnyRoom DVR.
- You can only use AnyRoom DVR service to share recordings with networked set-top boxes. If you have other DVRs in your home, you won’t be able to share recordings with those DVRs.
- DVR features such as the ability to schedule or delete a recording, change recording options, slow-motion functionality or the control of live TV are controlled through the primary DVR
- If a recording is being viewed on a networked set-top box, it can’t be deleted from the primary DVR until the recording is no longer in use.
- To check how much storage space is available for recordings, view the DVR Recordings screen on the primary DVR.
- There is a splitter-like device at the connection point on the primary DVR. It prevents interference from other homes that have AnyRoom DVR service. It also helps keep the signal level high, which allows for better picture and sound quality. Removing it could cause interference with your video service.
Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas.