Pandora is a personalized Internet radio that is designed to help you discover new music you’ll love mixed in with music you already know.
Launch the Pandora Radio App
Pandora Radio App Remote Mapping
- Go to the Main menu.
- Select Apps.
- Highlight and select Pandora.
- Press OK.
- Play/Pause - Plays or pauses the current track that is on in Now Playing.
- Exit - Closes the overlay and rotates back to the album cover art. If Exit is pressed anywhere in the app, the Exit Confirmation overlay will display.
- Navigation Arrows - Enables navigation throughout the app.
- OK - Selects the highlighted object button.
- Last - Returns to the previous screen.
- Fast-forward - Skips to the next track.
- XFINITY - Acts as a close button and accesses the Exit overlay. If you exit, you will see the apps highlighted on the main menu.
- Page Up/Page Down - Scrolls up and down through lists such as station results.
- Info - Acts as a shortcut to the Why This Song overlay from Now Playing or anywhere back in the song history; can toggle between overlays.
- D - Pressing D from the Stations or Bookmarks menu will display a delete confirmation overlay for the highlighted station or bookmark.
- Keypad (0-9) - Only the numbers are available to use in search. The letter functions are disabled.
Pandora's Main Screen
- Now Playing: Displays the current Pandora station that is playing. While paused, the "sound" graphic will change to indicate the audio has stopped.
- Stations: When this button is selected, the Stations menu will open.
- Thumbs Down: Will set the status of the currently-playing song as "thumbs down" and skip to the next song. Secondary state (orange) will be shown until the next song loads.
- Thumbs Up: Will toggle the thumbs up status on/off. "Thumbs up" songs will display the secondary state (orange).
- Pause/Play: Specifically, the Pause/Play button on the remote is mapped to the pause/play function. The function is Pause by default and during playback. It changes to Play while playback is paused.
- Skip: The Skip button is selected to skip the current song, and begin a new song. Skip is mapped to the remote so that the fast forward button on the remote can also be used to skip a song (in addition to the button within the app).
- Album Cover Art: The art being displayed is an image of the album cover for the current song that is playing. Select album cover art by pressing the Up-arrow button on the remote. Album cover art will become highlighted (note: this could be artwork of an advertisement). An undercard is displayed while the track art is loading or if there is no track art.
- Song Info: Displays the current song playing, followed by the name of the artist and the title of the album. If the text is truncated, it will slowly scroll so that the whole title can be shown (note: this could also be information for an advertisement).
- Progress Bar: The progress bar displays how much of the current song has been played.
- XFINITY Logo
- Pandora User Account: Your Pandora email/username is always displayed in the bottom right corner.
Create a New Station
When you launch Pandora for the first time, this is the default view as there are no previously set stations. To create a new station, use the remote control to begin selecting the letters on the on-guide key pad to for names of the:
You can highlight the song cover art and press OK on the remote to view track options to:
- Create a new station featuring the current artist or song.
- Bookmark the current artist or song.
- View "Why This Track?" information.
You can navigate the song history by using the left and right directional arrow keys on the remote control.
Note: When a new station is launched, history is erased. History is only kept for the current station.
You can skip up to six tracks per hour by highlighting the left arrow soft key with the remote and pressing OK.
- If you attempt to skip more than six tracks in an hour, you will receive the message above.
- Thumbs Down will count towards the skip track limit.
Deleting a Station
- Highlight the radio station you would like to delete:
- Use your remote to scroll over to the Delete (x) symbol and press OK.
- Highlight Delete and press OK on the remote control to confirm station deletion.
Exit the Pandora Radio App
- Press the Exit key on your remote control from any screen in the Pandora app.
- Highlight Exit and press the OK key on the remote control close the app.
Pandora Music App Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to create a mix of all of my Pandora radio stations?
Yes, the Quick Mix feature is a great feature in Pandora to create a new radio station which plays all of your music.
Do my parental control settings apply to the Pandora music app?
Yes, you can choose to disable the ability to view content from the Internet in the parental controls section in Settings.