If you have scheduled a recording to run longer than needed, you can stop the recording process and still save your recording. Here’s how to do it using the XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System On-Screen Guide.
- After your recording has begun and before it has finished, press the xfinity button on the remote to access the main menu.
- Use the left arrow or right arrow button on the remote to navigate to Saved. Press the OK button.
- Use the right arrow button to navigate to Recordings. Press the OK button.
- Use the down arrow button to navigate to your program. The program will indicate “Recording Now.” Press the OK button.
- Use the right arrow button to navigate to Cancel. Press the OK button.
- A confirmation message appears with the Cancel Recording option selected by default. Press the OK button to stop your recording.
- A Recording Canceled message appears. Press the Exit button.
When you return to the Recordings
menu, the portion of your program that you recorded will be available to watch, as usual.