Please read below for troubleshooting steps for the Hub for your XFINITY Home Control product.
If you have a Touch Screen Controller, click here.
If you do not have an XFINITY Home product or a Hub, please click here.
For troubleshooting the Hub, please view the common problems and possible solutions listed below.
Troubleshooting and Common Problems for the Hub
I need to activate the Hub.
- Connect your Hub using the instructions below:
- Connect a Cat 5 Ethernet cable from the Hub WAN port to one of the LAN ports on your router/modem.
- Connect the Hub to a power outlet using the supplied power adapter. As the Hub powers up, the colors of the Connectivity and Power LEDs change in the following order:
- Connectivity: Off
- Connectivity: Red
- Connectivity: Amber
Power: Green = Hub is communicating with modem/router
- Connectivity: Amber (flashing)
Power: Green = Hub is ready to activate
- Visit the XFINITY Home portal at www.xfinity.com/xhportal
- Log in using your Comcast ID and password.
- Click Next.
- The Terms and Conditions screen displays.
- Select the I accept the terms and conditions check box and click Next.
- The Welcome Screen displays.
- Click Next through the screens.
- If your Hub has trouble connecting, it will ask for your Device ID. Enter the MAC ID found on the bottom of your device.
- Note: It does not matter if you use capital letters or lowercase letters when entering the MAC ID.
- When the Hub is verified by the servers:
- You will be asked to update the firmware on your Hub. Click Yes to proceed.
- This will take several minutes, but you do not need to monitor this process. Take a break and check back when it is finished.
- After the firmware has been updated, the Hub reboots and the Hub Activation Is Complete screen displays.
My devices will not pair with the Hub.
- Your device sensor is not defaulted to factory settings.
- Refer to the reset instructions for the individual device.
- When the device is in pairing mode, follow the pairing instructions found on www.xfinity.com/XHPortal
- Your device may be out of range. Move the device closer to the Hub and try pairing the device again.
- The Hub is not in pairing mode.
- When the Hub is in pairing mode, the Devices LED should be blinking green.
- Reboot the Hub by unplugging it from the power outlet for 15 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Try pairing the device again.
- Replace the batteries in the devices that will not pair to ensure there is sufficient power.
Hub cannot be found for activation.
- Ensure the LED lights on the Hub are displaying correctly for activation:
- The Power light should be green, and the Connection light should be blinking amber.
- If the Connection light is red, then there is no Internet connection being provided to the device.
- Ensure that the Hub has had enough time to completely boot, obtain an IP address and connect to the server. This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Ensure that the Ethernet port has Internet by connecting a computer to the port and attempting to browse.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is securely plugged into the WAN port and into the router.
Hub is not ready for activation.
Reset the Hub by inserting a non-metallic pointed object into the Reset
hole for 10 seconds.
This process will unpair all paired devices from the system; all devices will require re-pairing.