Please read below for troubleshooting steps for the Lighting Controller for your XFINITY Home Control product.
If you have a TouchScreen, click here.
If you do not have an XFINITY Home product or a Hub, please click here.
Troubleshooting the Lighting Controller
The light flickers when the switch is turned off.
Replace the bulb with a LED or Incandescent light bulb.
Light will not turn on/turn off.
My device is not in pairing mode directly out of the box.
- Ensure that the light is plugged into the controlled outlet, which is located on the bottom of the Lighting Controller. The front outlet on the Lighting Controller is a pass-through.
- Toggle the device using the side button on the Lighting Controller. If the light turns on and off, but does not work from the portal, then the module is not paired. It should be re-paired, by going to xfinity.com/xhportal, clicking on Settings, clicking on the device you would like to pair, and finally clicking on Add Lighting Controller.
- Ensure that the Lighting Controller is not plugged into a switched outlet.
- Ensure that the light itself is turned on from its on/off switch.
The device can be reset to factory default. This will force the device into “Pairing” mode. To reset the device back to factory defaults, complete the steps below:
- Ensure the Lighting Controller is unplugged from the outlet.
- Locate the manual override button next to the light on the side of the Lighting Controller.
- Keep button depressed while inserting the Lighting Controller into an outlet.
- Hold the button down for about two seconds or until the LED light comes on.
- The Lighting Controller is now in “Pairing” mode.