Please read below for instructions on how to manage and create rules for your XFINITY Home Control product.
If you have a TouchScreen, click here.
If you do not have an XFINITY Home product or a Hub, please click here.
Manage and Create Rules
Setting up rules is one of the key elements to maximizing the value of your XFINITY Home system. You can set rules from your Subscriber Portal, which will allow you to know what's happening in your home.
- Sign in to the Subscriber Portal with your Comcast ID and password.
- Click Rules & Modes at the top of the screen and select Rules & Modes from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add a Rule.
- There are three types of rules you can create:
- Schedule rules should be used when you want your system to take action at regular intervals throughout the day or on a day-to-day basis.
- Event-based rules should be used when you want your system to take action based on activity in your home. For example, “When my front door opens, take a picture with my camera.”
- Non-Event rules are similar to event rules, except they should be used when expected activity in your home does not happen. For example, "If my front door does not open between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, send me a text message."
- Follow the on-screen prompts on the next page to set your rule.
- Click Save.
- If you ever want to edit any of your rules, go back to the Rules & Modes page and click on the pencil icon to modify your rule. You can also delete a rule with the trash can icon, or toggle the rule on and off by clicking the On/Off button.