Please read below for installation instructions and troubleshooting steps for the Motion Sensor for your XFINITY Home Control product.
If you have a Touch Screen Controller, click here.
If you do not have an XFINITY Home product or a Hub, please click here.
Battery Installation and Mounting Guidelines
- Choose a mounting location seven to eight feet from the ground
- Motion sensors need to be mounted using included hardware, not two-sided tape
- Position the motion sensor so that an intruder must cross the sensor’s field of view
- Mount the unit on a rigid, vibration-free surface
- Cover the hole exposed by the tab with the enclosed sticker
- Position the motion sensor vertically with its lens pointing up
- Install the screw to secure the cover to the base
- Leave range jumpers in the default position
The detector transmits a low battery signal upon detection of low voltage. It is recommended to wait about one minute after battery removal before inserting the new battery.
Do not Install your Motion Sensor
- Near sources of heating/cooling
- Aimed at windows
- Where direct sunlight can strike the unit
- Near high-voltage electrical lines
- Behind any obstruction
- Mounted on unstable surfaces
Troubleshooting the Motion Sensor
For troubleshooting the Motion Sensor, please view the common problems and possible solutions listed below.
I accidentally hit the reset button and need to reset and/or re-pair my motion sensor.
- Loosen the bottom screw on the Motion Sensor with a Phillips screwdriver until the cover pops off.
- A green board is held in at the top by a catch tab. Gently pull this tab up.
- Remove the board from the case by pulling the section closest to the catch tab first.
- Remove the battery. Wait one minute. Then, while holding down the coil-covered tamper switch (on the opposite side of the board), re-insert the battery.
- Release the switch, then rapidly tap the switch again. Within two minutes, the green light will blink.
- With the battery facing the detector’s back cover, insert the board’s tab-like bottom into the cover. Lean the board forward until the tab clicks into place.
- Reconnect the base and cover, and tighten the screw.
- Resume pairing by:
- Going to xfinity.com/xhportal.
- Clicking on Settings.
- Clicking on the device you would like to pair.
- Clicking on Add Motion Sensor.
I need to pair the device.
For initial pairing:
- Pull the tab to engage the battery.
- Remove the battery.
- Hold down the tamper switch/spring.
- Re-insert the battery and wait for the LED light to turn on.
- Release the tamper switch/spring.
- Re-tap the tamper switch within three seconds.
The motion sensor sends a low battery indication.
To ensure continuous proper operation, replace the battery within two weeks of the first Low Battery indication.
Range of motion is not what is expected.
Ensure that the sensor is mounted at a height of seven to eight feet from the ground and that the lens is pointing downward.
Motion sensor has unexpected motion events.
Ensure that the motion sensor is not pointing at heater vents, ceiling fans or windows with direct sunlight.
Why is the light on the motion sensor not turning on when I move in front of it?
- In order for the light to turn on when motion is present, the LED jumper inside the sensor must be in the "on" position.
- Test operability by creating a rule in the XFINITY Home Portal to text you if motion is present.
- The motion sensor will go into "sleep" mode for three minutes after motion has been detected. Allow three minutes of no motion, then test again.