Please read below for troubleshooting steps for the Appliance Controller for your XFINITY Home Control product.
Troubleshooting Common Problems for the Appliance Controller
To restore the device to factory defaults or re-pair the device:
- Ensure the Appliance Controller is unplugged from the outlet.
- Locate the manual override button located next to the light on the side of the Appliance Controller.
- Keep button depressed while inserting the Appliance Controller into an outlet.
- Hold the button down for about two seconds or until the blue LED light comes on.
- The Appliance Controller is now in “Pairing” mode.
My device is not in pairing mode directly out of the box.
To get the device into “Pairing” mode, you will need to reset the device back to factory defaults by following the steps
My appliance will not turn on/off
- Ensure that the appliance is plugged into the controlled outlet. The top outlet on the Appliance Controller is a pass-through. The one located on the bottom is the controlled outlet.
- Toggle the device using the side button on the Appliance Controller. If the light turns on and off, but does not work from the portal, then the module is not paired. It should be re-paired.
- Ensure that the Appliance Controller is not plugged into a switched outlet.
- Ensure that the appliance itself is turned on from its on/off switch.