Please read below for troubleshooting steps for the Door and Window Sensors for our XFINITY Home - Control product.
If you do not have our XFINITY Home Control product or a Hub, please click here.
Attaching the Door and Window Sensors
- Make sure to use the adhesive tape included with your sensor.
- Clean the surface of the door/window and frame with rubbing alcohol before placing.
- Check the alignment of the sensor and magnet so they are not hitting each other or an object when the door/window opens or closes.
Troubleshooting Common Problems with the Door and Window Sensors
My Door and/or Window Sensor Shows Open, Even When the Door or Window is Closed
- Ensure the magnet is within half an inch of the sensor when closed. Use spacers that were included as necessary.
- Ensure magnet and sensor align with the alignment arrows. The “narrow” ends of the arrows on the magnet and sensor should be closest to each other.
- Ensure magnet is installed parallel to the sensor, not perpendicular.
My Door/Window Sensor Shows Closed, Even When the Door or Window is Open
Ensure sensor is not placed on the hinged side of the door.
My Door/Window Sensor Does Not Adhere to the Door Frame Due to Decorative Molding
Mount the magnet on the molding and the sensor on the door.
Door/Window Sensor Will Not Pair with the Hub
Ensure the light on the Sensor is blinking three times every five seconds. If it is not, then reset the sensor using the instructions below.
I Need to Reset my Door/Window Sensor
- Push in the notch on the side of sensor. Twist clockwise to pop off cover.
- Remove battery.
- Press the sensor’s small tamper switch on the same board as the battery.
- Hold tamper switch down for one second after the battery is re-inserted.
- Release switch and press it again within four seconds.
- Press sensor cover against base sensor until they click.
- To resume pairing, go to xfinity.com/xhportal, click on Settings, click on the device you would like to pair and click on Add Door/Window Sensor.
The Door/Window Sensor Sends a Low Battery Indication
To ensure continuous proper operation, replace the battery within two weeks of the first Low Battery indication.
Pairing and Re-pairing the Device
For initial pairing, pull tab to engage battery.
- Remove battery.
- Hold down tamper switch/spring found next to the battery well.
- Re-insert battery and wait for LED light to turn on.
- Release the tamper switch/spring.