Please read below for installation instructions and troubleshooting steps for the Lighting or Appliance Controller for your XFINITY Home Secure product.
If you do not have our XFINITY Home Secure product or a Touch Screen Controller, please see Home Control.
The instructions below detail how to install and pair a Lighting or Appliance Controller.
- Remove your Lighting or Appliance Controller from the kit and place it in the room where your light or appliance is located.
- Connect the light or appliance's power cord to the bottom of the Lighting or Appliance Controller.
- Note: The outlet on the front of the Controller is not compatible with the XFINITY Home system but will function as a traditional outlet.
- Insert the Lighting or Appliance Controller into a nearby wall outlet. In minutes, the green light will blink three times every few seconds.
Readying Your Touch Screen Controller to Add a Light or Appliance
- Go to the Home Screen on your Touch Screen Controller by tapping Home, then tap Settings.
- Enter your master code.
- In the Categories section, select Home Devices.
- Select Lighting. Then select Add Lights.
- Note: This procedure is the same for both lights and appliances.
- Upon readying your desired Lighting or Appliance Controller (covered in “Preparation Needed”), press the Next button to move to the pairing screen.
- Only one Lighting or Appliance Controller should be paired at this time. Delay other device types you wish to pair until Lighting or Appliance setup is complete.
- Your selected Lighting or Appliance Controller will now be located. This may take up to several minutes. Upon locating the Controller, your Touch Screen Controller will display the newly added device(s). To complete pairing, tap the Done button.
- Note: If experiencing difficulty pairing the Controller – such as the LED not blinking – reset the device by holding down the small white button on the left side of the Controller while plugging it into the outlet.
- Press the Next button to move to the Configuration Screen.
- At the Configuration Screen, you will see a Light icon for each Controller now paired.
- Press the Light icon to configure each device. This is where you can assign a desired name to the Controller. Note: There is an additional option for Lighting Controllers only: you can set it to “Dimmable."
- Press the Return to Menu button to complete installation and configuration.
- Click the Home button on your Touch Screen Controller to return to the Home Screen. There, you will see an icon displaying the new Lights app.
- You’re done! Your XFINITY Home Lighting or Appliance Controller is ready to use.
Troubleshooting the Lighting or Appliance Controller
How do I reset my Lighting or Appliance Controller?
- Ensure the Lighting or Appliance Controller is unplugged from the outlet.
- Locate the manual override button on the side of the Lighting or Appliance Controller.
- Keep button depressed while inserting the Lighting or Appliance Controller into an outlet.
- Hold the button down for about two seconds or until the blue LED light comes on.
- The Lighting or Appliance Controller is now in “Pairing” mode.
My device is not in pairing mode directly out of the box.
If your device is not in pairing mode directly out of the box, please see the instructions for resetting the device above
The appliance plugged into my Lighting or Appliance Controller does not turn on when using the Touch Screen Controller or mobile devices.
- Make sure the appliance is plugged into the outlet on the bottom of the Lighting or Appliance Controller and the appliance switch is set to On. The outlet on the front of the Controller is not compatible with the XFINITY Home system but will function as a traditional outlet.
- Please also check the bulb in your appliance.
When I plug in my Lighting or Appliance Controller to pair, the LED light on the side does not illuminate.
Remove the Lighting or Appliance Controller from the outlet and insert again while holding the on/off button on the left side until the LED light comes on.