Here's how to control how your security camera operates.
Note: This FAQ is for all XFINITY Home customers. However, if you live in the Houston, Texas area and you purchased XFINITY Home prior to November 16, 2011, please click here.
How to do it
Here’s how to set up camera rules when you want your security camera to take pictures.
- From the Home screen, hover over Cameras and select Camera Rules.
- Click the Add Rule button to create a new rule.
- Select what type of rule you want to create, such as:
- Schedule: Take a picture at 4:30 a.m.
- Event: Take a picture if the front door opens.
- Non-Event: Take a picture if the garage door does not open.
- Select the time, action, and mode; and label the rule with a brief description.
- Click Save.