Learn more about XFINITY Home thermostat rules.
Managing The Thermostat Rules
The following link will take you to the XFINITY Home Portal. Your Comcast ID and password will be needed to log in to http://www.xfinity.com/xhsportal/.
Select Thermostat tab. The dropdown will bring up two options: Thermostat and Thermostat Rules.
Through this section you can:
- Select the Cool and Heat mode or turn the system off completely on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side you can turn the Fan On or on auto mode. An option for Hold to hold the current temperature setting is also available.
- In the middle, you can raise or lower the current set temperature of the system.
Through this section you can set rules to have the thermostat turn the system on and off at set times and temperatures throughout the day, for every day of the week. You will also be able to modify the rules that are currently set up.
- To create a new rule, click ADD RULE.
- Select Schedule from available options.
- From here select the time and day of the week that you would like the rule to be effective on.
- Select either Set Thermostat to Cool or Set Thermostat to Heat and it will give you the option to select your desired thermostat and temperature.
- Select Home Security mode.
- Describe the rule. Then select SAVE.
If your thermostat rules are not working:
- Confirm your thermostat is in "simple mode" (instructions can be found by clicking here)
- Ensure the rules created in the Subscriber Portal do not overlap or contradict each other
- For example, ensure that two rules were not created for the same time with different actions (e.g., one rule sets the temperature to 69 degrees from 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM Monday-Friday and a second rule sets the temperature to 75 degrees from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Mondays)
If your thermostat temperature is not in sync with your Subscriber Portal, Touch Screen Controller or mobile device:
If the temperature on your physical thermostat is not in sync with your remote devices (i.e., Subscriber Portal, Touch Screen Controller or mobile device), you will need to restart the thermostat. You can restart the thermostat by holding down the small, black Reset button under the top cover panel on your thermostat. Resetting the device will not affect the user programs or rules that have been created.
Here is a diagram showing the location of the Reset button: