This article outlines how to access an external mailbox through the XFINITY Connect app.
Users can set up an external mailbox so that both XFINITY Connect emails and emails from another Inbox display in the XFINITY Connect app. Note: This functionality is available for Android and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch devices only.
Access POP/IMAP Folders
To access the POP/IMAP folders (get external mail) through the XFINITY Connect app:
- Set up XFINITY Connect online first to associate the POP/IMAP account to XFINITY Connect.
- Log in to the XFINITY Connect app and select the Email tab.
- Select the Folders tab available under the Email tab.
- POP/IMAP will show up beneath the default folders.
- Click the POP/IMAP folder (indented Inbox).
- A message appears: “XFINITY Connect will begin retrieving your external mail, which may take several minutes. Pull down to refresh to view the current progress.”
- POP/IMAP account’s emails will be listed in the Email tab list view.
: The mobile app Refresh
button will not
refresh the external mailbox. You must access the mailbox folder to refresh it.