With AnyPlay and the XFINITY AnyPlay app from Comcast, you can watch all your XFINITY TV channels on your Apple or Android tablet or smartphone anywhere around the house using your home Wi-Fi network.
Note: While we continue to offer a wide range of products to meet our customers' needs, Comcast has decided to discontinue AnyPlay beginning March 31, 2014. If you have an AnyPlay device installed in your home or have the XFINITY AnyPlay app downloaded on your mobile device(s), it will no longer work as of the discontinuation date. For more information, please see AnyPlay to be Discontinued Beginning March 31, 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do some channels or programs not have a Play Live or Play Channel button?
The WATCH button will not display if you are viewing a program listing for a channel that launches On Demand. Also, if you attempt to play a program on a Pay Per View channel, you will receive a Channel Not Available message and will need to call 1-800-XFINITY to authorize the Pay Per View program for your device.
Why is the video not coming in clear when I play a channel on my tablet/smartphone?
Make sure there are no electronic devices in the vicinity of your wireless router that could be causing interference. If your router is supporting multiple functions or performing a single function that is consuming its resources such as a movie download, it may affect the video quality on your tablet/smartphone. Wait until the function is complete to see if the quality of the video is improved. Also tune to the same channel using your set-top box to see if the video is distorted on your television as well. If so, you may have a XFINITY TV service issue and should call 1-800-XFINITY.
Why am I able to play a program/channel on my tablet/smartphone that I have blocked by Parental Controls on my set-top box?
Parental Controls you have set on your set-top box will not restrict access to content through the XFINITY AnyPlay app.
Why do I lose the Closed Captioning I have enabled on a program when I play that program on my tablet or smartphone?
To enable Closed Captioning for live programming you are viewing on your tablet or smartphone, simply select the Settings Icon and then Closed Captioning to turn ON. If you have Closed Captioning enabled on your set-top box and are viewing a program on your television with Closed Captioning, you will not see that Closed Captioning when you play it on your tablet or smartphone.
If you are experiencing issues with the XFINITY AnyPlay app, first verify the following:
- Your AnyPlay device is connected to an active electrical outlet that is turned on, and the Power and US/DS LED lights on the device are white and not continuously blinking.
- The Power light will blink for several minutes when the AnyPlay device is powering on. If the Power light blinks for more than 20 minutes, unplug the AnyPlay device then plug it back in. If this does not resolve the issue, press the RESET button on the back of the device.
- If the Power, US/DS and DVR lights are blinking in succession, your AnyPlay device has not yet been activated. You can activate the unit by going to comcast.com/activate and following the instructions provided, or call 1-800-XFINITY.
- Your tablet or smartphone is running the latest version of the XFINITY AnyPlay app.
- The Ethernet connections on your wireless router and AnyPlay device are connected properly.
- Your tablet or smartphone is connected to the same wireless network as your AnyPlay device.
- The XFINITY AnyPlay app is designed to work within your home wireless network only and will not function outside of that network, or on a cellular wireless data network such as 4G.
- The channel you are trying to access is part of your current XFINITY TV service and is not an XFINITY On Demand or Pay Per View channel.
- The Watch button will not display if you are viewing a program listing for a channel that launches XFINITY On Demand.
- If you attempt to play a program on a Pay Per View channel, you will receive a Channel Not Available message and will need to call 1-800-XFINITY to authorize the Pay Per View program for your device.
- You only have one tablet or smartphone connected to AnyPlay and playing live TV.
- Although you can register up to 10 devices, AnyPlay only supports viewing live TV on one tablet or smartphone at a time.
AnyPlay is compliant with all federal emergency alert ("EAS") requirements and will pass through national alerts and required EAS tests. Please be aware that you should continue to monitor your television for state and local alerts, including weather alerts.