Choose how you receive filtered content with XFINITY Connect’s spam filter preferences.
How to do it
The XFINITY Connect spam filter preference is only one aspect of our efforts to protect you from spam. Whether you enable or disable the spam filter, you're always protected by our comprehensive suite of online security and protection service.
Three spam filter options are available
Enable Spam Filter
- Enable Spam Filter: Deletes emails determined to be spam without delivering it to your inbox or Spam folder.
- Enable Spam Filter with Keep a local copy in my Spam folder checked: Places emails determined to be spam in your XFINITY Connect Spam folder.
- Disable Spam Filter: All emails will be delivered directly to your inbox, including the ones determined to be spam.
with Keep a local copy in my Spam folder
checked lets you see if a legitimate message was accidentally determined to be spam. If you find a legitimate email in your Spam folder, use the toolbar to mark it Not Spam
. This also helps us improve our spam filters.
To change your Spam folder preference
- Sign in to My Account.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Select Email from the left preferences pane.
- Under Settings Managed on Comcast.net, click Spam Filtering / Confirmation.
- You’ll be redirected to My Account and will see the Edit Spam Filter screen. The default setting is Enable Spam filter.
- Select the option you want and click Save.