Having trouble sending, but not receiving, your emails in Windows Mail? It could be because the port number you’re sending your messages from is blocked. Port numbers are used to determine where information, like email, is coming from and going to.
If so, you can switch from your default port 25 to port 465. We’ll show you how.
- Open Windows Mail, select the Tools menu and click Accounts.
- Select your Comcast.net email account under Mail and click the Properties button.
- From the Properties window, select the Servers tab and check the My server requires authentication box under Outgoing Mail Server. Then click the Settings box.
- From the Outgoing Mail Server window, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click the OK button.
- Back in the Properties window, click the Advanced tab. Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 465 and check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Click Apply, then click the OK button.
- Click Close from the Internet Accounts window.
Need more help configuring your email? With XFINITY Signature Support
, our affordable premium support service, you get 24/7 access to live experts who can handle all your tech problems. You can even have them configure your settings or resolve your issues remotely via the Internet, without having to leave the comfort of your home. If you want round the clock, hands-on assistance, learn more about XFINITY Signature Support