If you’re a Windows user with an XFINITY Connect email account, you can access your account through several different email programs, which allow you to view your email independent of a web browser like Internet Explorer or Safari. Find out more about using Comcast email and adjusting your Comcast email settings.
Don’t use Windows? Find out how to set up XFINITY Connect email on your Mac.
If you’re not sure which email client you should use, try searching your computer to see which program you have installed.
Below, we’ve included step-by-step instructions for Comcast email setup on several common email programs for Windows computers.
If your computer uses Windows Vista, you’ll likely connect to your XFINITY Connect email account using Windows Mail. Here’s how to set up XFINITY Connect on Windows Mail.
- Click the Start button in the left-hand corner of your taskbar and select All Programs.
- Select Windows Mail.
- Click the Tools menu, then select Accounts.
- Click Add.
- Select Email Accounts and then click Next.
- In the Display Name field, type your name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing email addresses. Then click Next.
- In the Email Address field, enter your XFINITY Connect email address. Then click Next.
- In the Incoming Server field, enter mail.comcast.net. In the Outgoing Server field, enter smtp.comcast.net. Then click Next.
- In the Account Name field, enter your Comcast username. Your Comcast username can be found to the left of the @ symbol in your email address. For instance, if your email was firstname.lastname@example.org, your Comcast username would be johndoe.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Check the Remember Password box if you don’t want to enter your password every time you access your email. Then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail can be found on many versions of the Windows operating system. Here’s how to set up your XFINITY Connect email on Windows Live Mail.
- Open Windows Live Mail.
- Click the Accounts menu, and select the +Email button.
- Enter your email address into the Email Address field, your password into the Password field, and your name in the Display name for your sent messages field.
- Click the checkbox for Manually configure server settings, then click Next.
- In the Server address field under Incoming server information, enter mail.comcast.net.
- Under Incoming server information, click the checkbox for Requires a secure connection (SSL). This will automatically change the Port field to 995.
- In the Server address field under Outgoing server information, enter smtp.comcast.net.
- Click the checkboxes for both Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication under the Server address field.
- Under Outgoing server information, enter 465 in the Port field.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
As an additional step, third party email clients are often configured to delete messages from the server. This will prevent additional devices from receiving your Comcast email. To use your Comcast email account on multiple devices, you will need to ensure that email messages are not deleted. To configure your Windows Live Mail client to not delete messages from the server:
- Right click on your account name in the inbox, then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Check the box next to Leave a copy of messages on server.
- Click OK.