Just a few easy steps and you’ll be surfing away.
Whether you bought a new router, or are leasing a new one from us, we’ll have you surfing the web in no time. You can hook up to four computers directly to the router via Ethernet cables, and wirelessly connect dozens of other Wi-Fi-ready devices including laptops, mobile phones, MP3 players and more. Get started by following the steps below.
- If you're replacing or upgrading an older router, uninstall it completely before installing your new router.
- Connect your modem to the Internet port of the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer to any of the LAN ports on the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your modem.
- Turn on your router.
- Test your connection. Type www.xfinity.com in your browser's address field and hit Enter.
- If you need to access your router, we let you know how to do it here.
If you need to change the settings on your router, check out how you can find the factory default settings and access your router.
Here's an example of what your set-up may look like: