Just a few easy steps and you’ll be surfing away.
Whether you bought a new router, or are leasing a new one from us, we’ll have you surfing the web in no time. You can hook up to 4 computers directly to the router via Ethernet cables, and wirelessly connect dozens of other Wi-Fi-ready devices including laptops, mobile phones, MP3 players and more. Get started by following the steps.
- If you're replacing or upgrading an older router, uninstall it completely before installing your new router.
- Connect your modem to the Internet port of the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer to any of the LAN ports on the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your modem.
- Turn on your router.
- Test your connection. Type www.xfinity.com in your browser's address field and hit Enter.
- If you need to access your router, see Comcast-Supported Routers, Gateways and Adapters.
If you need to change the settings on your router, check out how you can find the factory default settings and access your router
. Here's an example of what your set-up may look like:
For further assistance with XFINITY Internet, visit xfinity.com/internethelp