In our ongoing effort to improve your XFINITY Internet experience and satisfaction, we are simplifying and streamlining your security offerings. The Constant Guard Protection Suite and Mobile app password management services will no longer be supported and managed by Comcast.
We are pleased to offer you similar great features and functionality through the comprehensive Norton Security Suite, which is available to all XFINITY Internet customers at no additional cost. Or if you prefer, you will still be able to use your existing Constant Guard Protection Suite services with Fast Connect through White Sky, an experienced technology company, at no additional cost.
For more information including frequently asked questions, please visit https://constantguard.comcast.net/cgps-alert.
Fast Connect Benefits
Fast Connect protects your personal information online. For example, it stores your user IDs and passwords, logs you in to your favorite password-protected sites, and securely stores your credit card information. You no longer have to remember your credentials, and keylogging bots can’t steal your information.
Even if you already have password-protection software on your computer, Fast Connect protects you in many other ways.
- AntiLogging: The protection services included with Fast Connect block suspicious programs before they can steal your personal information such as keystrokes and camera activity - even the contents of your clipboard are protected.
- Anti-Phishing: Fast Connect maintains a databank containing the IP addresses of thousands of banks and financial institutions. When you access your bank through our Secure ViewTM web browser, you connect directly to your bank, and not to a fraudulent web site.
- Secure Browser: Secure View web browser auto-logs you into financial websites in order to open a secure connection. This protects you from a variety of network, keylogging, screen scraping and Trojan-based attacks. Secure View also blocks malicious browser plug-ins that may compromise system security. You can protect an unlimited number of IDs, passwords and accounts.
You can download Fast Connect for up to 7 computers. If you cancel your Comcast subscription, you have 30 days to transfer your information, such as user IDs and passwords, from your Fast Connect. After 30 days, you’ll no longer have access to your accounts from Fast Connect.
Constant Guard Service Notices
As part of our efforts to protect your online security from viruses, spam, bot nets and more, we send out Constant Guard Service Notices whenever your security is at risk. When you use our service, you have the responsibility of securing your connection to the Internet, as per the XFINITY Internet Acceptable Use Policy. You cannot opt out of receiving these notices; simply close the Service Notice without any further action.
Comcast Spyware Scan
Spyware is software that’s installed on your computer without your knowledge or consent. Spyware is used to take control of your interactions with the computer. To protect yourself from unwanted spyware, simply download and install the XFINITY Toolbar, as Spyware Scan is automatically included. Spyware Scan allows you to schedule scans automatically or run a scan at any time in an effort to help you protect your computer.
Comcast Anti-Spyware Application Updates
The new version of the Comcast Anti-Spyware application automatically pushes the new spyware DAT file update to your computer, which keeps you protected from new versions of spyware software. The spyware DAT files are generally updated each business day (Monday-Friday); however, if your computer is not connected to the Internet, you may miss a DAT file update. If you do miss a DAT file update, the application will provide you with a red warning indicator in the summary tab. The warning indicator will allow you to manually update the DAT file.
Norton Security Suite
Password management is offered through Norton Security Suite at no additional charge with your XFINITY Internet service. Norton Security Suite also features a password manager called Norton Identity Safe, which remembers, secures and automatically enters usernames and passwords.
If you have not installed Norton Security Suite, please download it now on your PC or Mac. Before downloading this program, you may need to uninstall other security software. See Get Ready to Download the Norton Security Suite for more information.
- Windows XP (SP 2 or later), Vista or Windows 7.
- Internet Explorer version 7 or higher, or Firefox 3.6 or higher.
- 600 MHz processor (minimum).
- 512 MB RAM (minimum).
- 40 MB free disk space (minimum).