Enjoy enhanced Internet security with Constant Guard, our suite of security and safety benefits.
Worried about network security? Constant Guard is complementary with XFINITY Internet, and provides several layers of protection – including technology, support and education – so you can enjoy a safer, more secure online experience.
XFINITY Internet users also have the option of downloading the top-rated Norton Security Suite for free, with or without our Constant Guard Protection Suite.
Read on to find out all the ways Constant Guard helps protect your home network.
Constant Guard Protection Suite Benefits
The Constant Guard Protection Suite protects your personal information online. For example, it stores your user IDs and passwords, logs you into your favorite password-protected sites, and securely stores your credit card information. You no longer have to remember your credentials, and keylogging bots can’t steal your information.
Even if you already have password-protection software on your computer, our Constant Guard Protection Suite protects you in many other ways.
- AntiLogging: The protection services included with Constant Guard Protection Suite block suspicious programs before they can steal your personal information such as keystrokes and camera activity – even the contents of your clipboard are protected.
- Anti-Phishing: Constant Guard maintains a databank containing the IP addresses of thousands of banks and financial institutions. When you access your bank through our Secure ViewTM web browser, you connect directly to your bank, and not to a fraudulent web site.
- Secure Browser: Our Secure View web browser auto-logs you into financial websites in order to open a secure connection. This protects you from a variety of network, keylogging, screen scraping and Trojan-based attacks. Secure View also blocks malicious browser plug-ins that may compromise system security. You can protect an unlimited number of IDs, passwords and accounts.
Constant Guard Service Notices
As part of our efforts to protect your online security from viruses, spam, bot nets and more, we send out Constant Guard Service Notices whenever your security is at risk. When you use our service, you have the responsibility of securing your connection to the Internet, as per the XFINITY Internet Acceptable Use Policy. You cannot opt out of receiving these notices; simply close the Service Notice without any further action.
How to Download or Cancel
You can download Constant Guard Protection Suite for up to seven computers. If you cancel your Comcast subscription, you have 30 days to transfer your information, such as user IDs and passwords, from your Constant Guard Protection Suite. After 30 days, you’ll no longer have access to your accounts from Constant Guard Protection Suite.
Get the latest suite of Constant Guard software.
If you want to take the work out of network security, you can also learn more about XFINITY Signature Support. Subscribers to our affordable, premium support service can talk directly to live experts 24/7, day or night, for assistance with all of their tech needs. You can even get problems fixed remotely via the Internet, from the comfort of your own home. Make sure your computer is as secure as possible with XFINITY Signature Support.
Comcast Spyware Scan
Spyware is software that’s installed on your computer without your knowledge or consent. Spyware is used to take control of your interactions with the computer. To protect yourself from unwanted spyware, simply download and install the XFINITY Toolbar, as Spyware Scan is automatically included. Spyware Scan allows you to schedule scans automatically or run a scan at any time in an effort to help you protect your computer.
Comcast Anti-Spyware Application Updates
The new version of the Comcast Anti-Spyware application automatically pushes the new spyware DAT file update to your computer, which keeps you protected from new versions of spyware software. The spyware DAT files are generally updated each business day (Monday-Friday); however, if your computer is not connected to the Internet, you may miss a DAT file update. If you do miss a DAT file update, the application will provide you with a red warning indicator in the summary tab. The warning indicator will allow you to manually update the DAT file.
Norton Security Suite
XFINITY is committed to keeping you and your family safe online – that’s why Constant Guard also includes the latest version of the top-rated Norton Security Suite.
Here are just some features of the new Norton Security Suite:
- Improved virus detection: Monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to quickly detect new attacks, malware and other threats.
- Proactive performance alerts: Alerts you when an application is slowing down your PC, so you can make changes to improve your performance.
- Norton Safe Web Social Media Scanner: Lets you check your Facebook Wall and News Feed for bad links and other threats right from your Norton Control panel.