To keep your inbox organized, delete unwanted email and redirect spam.
How to Sort Incoming Messages
With XFINITY Connect email filters, you can set up rules for sorting incoming messages. Enable certain emails to go straight to designated folders, or redirect unwanted email and spam away from your inbox.
Create a Filter for Unwanted Email
Right-click on an email you don’t want to receive anymore and select New Filter.
In the Edit Filter window, enter the following information:
- Filter Name (Example: Unwanted Email Filter).
- Choose whether you want any or all of your conditions to be applied when filtering.
- Create Conditions by selecting which part of the message you would like to filter. Add or remove conditions by clicking the + or - buttons.
- Tell the filters what to do with the email with Perform the following actions. You can create a folder so you can review the email later, or send it directly to the trash by selecting the Discard action.
- Filter by keywords within an email address or subject line instead of an exact email address or subject. Spammers can get around filters by modifying their sending address—email@example.com might send from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you filter by the exact email address, the new version of the email address will not be filtered.
- Until you can verify that your filters are set correctly, have your filtered emails moved to a folder to review later instead of automatically discarding them. Depending on the keywords you enter, you might filter email you actually want, so you should get a feel for how your filters work. For example, filtering by "Dinner" and "Tonight" in the subject line, you could redirect an email from a friend who wants to invite you for dinner.
Click OK to save your filter.
Edit, Delete, or Run a Filter
Click the Preferences tab and click Email Filters in the left navigation pane.
Click on the filter that you would like to work with; then select one of three options:
- Edit the filter.
- Delete the filter.
- Run the filter (this will run the filter against existing email in your inbox).