The XFINITY TV Remote app lets you search or browse TV and XFINITY On Demand content, select programs to watch on your TV, and schedule recordings to your DVR.
How to Get the XFINITY TV Remote App
Our XFINITY TV Remote app can be downloaded from both the iTunes App Store and Google Play. At this time, it’s available for the iPad (OS 4.3 or higher), iPhone, and iPod Touch (OS 4.0 or higher). It’s also available on Android smartphones running Android v2.1 and greater, or on tablets running Google Android (OS 2.x or higher) with a minimum operating system of 2.1 and a Wi-Fi or 3G Internet connection. The app is not currently supported by Windows phones or tablets.
To get started with the XFINITY TV Remote app you'll need:
- XFINITY TV with an eligible set-top box and Digital Starter package (applicable only to remote tuning and DVR functions).
- If you have an Apple device (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch) and want to use it for XFINITY On Demand streaming, this requirement doesn’t apply.
- A comcast.net email address and password or a Comcast ID and password.
- iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch device with Internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
- iPhone 3G or higher/iPod Touch 2G or higher with minimum iOS 4.0; or iPad with minimum iOS 4.3 for the best viewing of XFINITY On Demand content-streaming.
- Android smartphone with Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 4G, or 3G) with minimum OS 2.1, and Google Android OS 2.x (and higher) for Android tablets.
If You Have More Than One Set-Top Box:
When you first launch the XFINITY TV Remote app, you’ll need to name each eligible set-top box in your home. If you previously named your DVR online for the DVR Manager, this name will appear in the Name Setup screen. For setup instructions, see Set up the XFINITY TV Remote App.
You can view which set-top box you are controlling as follows:
- iPad:The set-top box name is listed in the upper right-hand corner. Simply tap the name to select another box.
- iPhone/iPod Touch: The set-top box name is in Settings. Tap the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and select the first option to see the list of boxes eligible to control your TV from the application.
- Android: View which set-top box you’re controlling by pressing Menu on your Android device, then selecting Settings. The set-top box name you are controlling is the first option listed in the Settings menu.
You’ll also see the set-top box name in the Tune
icon that appears when you attempt to change the channel or watch an XFINITY On Demand program.