Here's how to control the messages you receive.
About email filters
Email filters are rules regarding the messages you receive. For example, you might set up a filter that automatically files messages from family members into their own folder.
There are two parts to a filter: the criteria (which determine if a message is affected by the filter); and the action (which dictates what to do with the message).
To create an email filter
- Click the Preferences tab at the top of XFINITY Connect and select Email Filters.
- Select New Filter.
- Enter your new filter’s name and criteria. The criteria can include attributes such as specific email addresses, parts of an email address, words in the subject line, or the length of the message. You can have a filter with two or more criteria.
- To finish creating the filter, dictate the action to be performed. You can automatically move the message to another folder (including the Trash), mark it as read, forward it to another address, or any combination of these actions.
To run an email filter
- Go to Add a Filter and enter a Filter Name.
- Select if you would like Any or All of your conditions to be applied when filtering.
- Choose your Conditions. (Decide which part of the message you would like to filter. You can add or remove conditions by clicking the Plus or Minus buttons.)
- Under Perform the following actions, use the dropdown menu to tell the filters what to do with the email.
- Click Run Filter to start filtering your emails immediately.