If you forget the password to connect Wi-Fi devices to your home network, follow the steps outlined here to retrieve it.
Note: If you have a wireless gateway from Comcast, learn how to retrieve your Wi-Fi password.
If you’ve never changed the default user name/login and password for your network, simply use the settings that are usually printed somewhere on your wireless router.
However, if you changed the original settings and can’t remember your password (passphrase/network key), you'll need to reset your device to its factory default settings. Since all your settings will have been erased, you’ll need to reboot all computers connected to the router to re-establish Internet access.
Pressing the reset button should only be done after exhausting all other troubleshooting options. Check out how to reset specific Comcast-supported routers and gateways.
If necessary, try these additional steps in order to reset your router to factory settings:
- Unplug the router's power.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- While keeping the button pressed, reconnect the router’s power.
- Keep the button pressed for another 20 seconds.
- Wait for the router to reboot.
- Log in with the default password.