Retrieve Deleted Voicemails
8/29/2013 6:59:27 PM
In some cases, a voicemail that was deleted by mistake can be retrieved before it becomes permanently unavailable. This article outlines the steps to retrieve a deleted voicemail using:
- Telephone Interface
- XFINITY Connect
Retrieval By Telephone
A deleted voicemail can be retrieved only if you have not logged out of the voicemail system or if you press 5 while in the voicemail main menu.
To retrieve a voicemail while still in the voicemail system:
- Press * to go to the Main Menu.
- Press 6 to hear the deleted messages.
- The system begins to play the deleted messages.
After listening to the message, you can:
- Press 9 to mark the deleted message as a new message.
- Press # to skip to the next message.
- Press 0 for more options.
- Press * to go back to the Main Menu.
Once you log out of the voicemail system, the deleted messages will be removed permanently.
Retrieval By XFINITY Connect
When a message is deleted it is moved into the Trash folder. To retrieve a deleted voicemail using XFINITY Connect:
- Go to www.xfinity.com.
- Select the Email icon.
- Enter the primary Comcast ID and password.
- Click the Voice tab.
- Click on the Trash icon.
- If the deleted voicemail is still available in the Trash, move it back into the Voice Mail folder.
: A message is automatically and irretrievably deleted 24-48 hours after it is placed in the Trash folder.