To activate DVR Manager, you must first activate it online.
Setting up DVR Manager on your computer
- Go to the DVR Manager activation page at http://xfinitytv.com/mytv/dvr.
Note: The activation only needs to be completed once per computer. This activation link must be used for each new computer that you want to schedule recordings through TV Listings.
- Enter your Comcast user name and password (if you have not done so already).
- A notification will display indicating if the activation is in progress or if an error has occurred.
- Activation takes up to 24-48 hours before recordings may be scheduled or before you can view and manage scheduled recordings.
- You will be directed to TV Listings while the activation is in progress.
- You will not be notified once you are activated so please check back until your activation has been completed.
- Go to XFINITY TV Go. Note: After the initial activation is complete, you can begin with this step.
- Go to your DVR page at xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr to view your scheduled recordings.
- The XFINITY TV page will display and you will see the DVR Manager link. If the activation is complete and you have not logged in, you will be prompted to log in here with your Comcast ID.
- From the TV Listings, select your program by clicking the title. The program information screen will appear to give you the details about the program and list your recordings.
Configuring DVR Manager
Configuring DVR Manager to control more than one TV.
- From your personalized TV listings page, click on the DVR Manager link.
- Click on the DVR Selector tab.
- The DVR Manager will display all eligible DVRs on your account. You will be able to control each of the DVRs listed there.
- You can determine which DVR is which by looking at the recordings currently scheduled, and then provide each one with a "friendly" name (like "Bedroom" or "Living Room").
- Select the DVR that you would like to use as the default.
- The new friendly names of your DVRs will appear in the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the Manager.