Your family may share the same home computer network, and you may not want your children to have access to the Internet 24/7 or have access to certain sites.
Note: This information will work for:
- Netgear CG814v 1&2
- Linksys WCG200v 1&2
- Linksys BEFCMUH4
To set Internet access time limits:
- Log on to your router’s administration site.
- Click the Select A Computer/Device button to select a computer connected to your home network.
- Check the Add button for the computer you want to limit — if you don't see the computer you would like to add, make sure the computer is turned on and click the Refresh button.
- In the Day(s) to Block section, check the box next to the day or days you want to limit. In the Time of Day to Block section, choose a Start time (e.g. 2:00 PM) and an End time (e.g. 6:00 PM). This time range will apply to each day you selected for the specific computer.
- Click Apply.
To set up website blocking:
- Check the Web Site Blocking box to enable the feature.
- In the Key Word/Web site field, type in the full website address name (www.example.com) to block a specific website. To block access to websites that contain a certain word, type in the word in the Key Word/Web site field.
- Click Add and the keyword or website address will now appear in the “Block Web sites that contain these key words/Web sites list”.
- You can either delete individual entries from the list by clicking the Delete button or clear the entire list by clicking the Clear List button.