What you need to know to improve your XFINITY Connect experience.
Troubleshoot logging into XFINITY Connect
If you’re having trouble logging in, here are a couple things you can try:
- Make sure you’re typing your Comcast ID and password correctly. Remember, your Comcast ID is the part of your email address that appears before "@comcast.net". If your email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org" then your Comcast ID is "john.smith.”
- Passwords are case-sensitive. So, "Comcast65ABC" is different than "comcast65abc.” Also, make sure the Caps Lock is not on.
- Remember you can change or reset your own password.
- You can have the primary Comcast ID (controlled by the owner of your Comcast account) reset your password for you.
- If none of the above works, you can chat with us. We’re here to help 24 hours a day.
Find missing email
Looking for messages that haven’t turned up? Here are a few things to check:
- If you’re using another program or website to get your email, make sure it's not set to delete your email messages from the server automatically.
- There's a limit on the size of email messages. If someone tries to send large videos or photos, you may not get them. Our servers support messages up to 10 MB (this includes all of the text and headers, so the actual limit for attachments is lower than this).
- Check your spam settings. You can customize them to automatically delete spam or deliver it to a spam folder.
- While you're in My Account, make sure you haven’t turned on email forwarding.
- If you’re missing a particular message, you can search your Inbox.
- Verify your scheduled email deletion settings. Click on the Preferences tab, then Email from the left navigation, and make sure your Inbox and Sent folders are set to Never.
Use the best version of XFINITY Connect
We recommend you use the Full version of XFINITY Connect instead of the Lite version to take full advantage of all the features XFINITY Connect has to offer. Learn more about the difference between the two versions.
Here are some tips for free upgrades to get in the Full version:
- Set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Make sure you use the most recent version of your browser. Comcast supports several browsers including: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6+, Mozilla Firefox 3.0+, and Safari 3+ (on Mac OSX).
You should also check your General Preferences in XFINITY Connect to see if you are set to automatically use the Lite or Full version.
Some older operating systems or hardware may not work correctly with XFINITY Connect or may force you to use the Lite version. Examples include Windows 98 or Macintosh OS 9.2. Check with your computer's manufacturer for information about upgrades. Learn more about the browsers Comcast supports with XFINITY Connect.
Don't let ads get in the way of your email
Did you know that XFINITY Connect lets you collapse the ad on the right-hand side of the screen for your entire session, as long as you're logged in? Click on the arrow by the ad and it will go away until the next time you log in.
Change your settings in XFINITY Connect
If you change your screen resolution or other settings, you may need to log out and log back in before the changes will completely take effect. Logging out and logging back in should resolve any display issues you encounter.