Windows Mail replaces Outlook Express on computers that are running the Windows Vista operating system.
Windows Mail information
Windows Mail supports three types of accounts:
- News (newsgroups)
- Directory services
Directory services are online address books typically offered by organizations such as colleges and businesses.
To verify your email settings in Windows Mail:
- Click the Start button in the left-hand corner of your taskbar.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Windows Mail.
- Click the Tools Menu and select Accounts.
- Click the email account that needs to be verified and select Properties.
- Click the Servers tab.
- Verify the server information as the following:
- Incoming mail (POP3): mail.comcast.net
- Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.comcast.net
Check My server requires authentication.