Get the most out of your Comcast email experience using XFINITY Connect.
Take Your Email Experience to the Next Level
XFINITY Connect comes with a wide range of features that let you take your email experience to the next level. Make sure you’re getting the most from your email service, from sharing photos to creating email filters, and experience the best way to keep in touch with your friends and family.
Don’t have XFINITY Connect on your computer yet? Find out how to configure XFINITY Connect for Windows or Mac. If you’re ready to take full advantage of your Comcast email account with XFINITY Connect, here’s a handy guide to all the different things you can do.
If you need to send the same email to multiple people, you can Carbon Copy or CC a message. Simply enter one recipient’s email address in the To field, and all others in the CC field below it.
This way, everyone can see the same email and reply to other recipients, while you’re saved the work of sending the same message several times.
You can also use Blind Carbon Copy, or BCC, to send the same message out to many people, but recipients will only see your email address. This protects the identities of the other people you’ve sent the message to.
To use this feature, click the Show BCC button at the right of the CC field. The BCC field will then appear below it. Enter the addresses just as you would when using CC.
Attaching Photos or Files to Your Emails
Want to share photos, video, or music with your friends and family? It’s easy to attach and send files of all kinds with XFINITY Connect. Here’s how.
- Once you’ve composed your message, click Add Attachment in the email toolbar.
- To add a photo or file from your computer, click Browse and find the file. It will be helpful to know where the file is located, such as in My Documents or My Pictures, before you start.
- Select your file and click Attach. If you’ve accidentally selected the wrong file, click Remove next to its name. If not, click Send.
- If you’d like an image attachment to appear in the body of your email with the text, check Show images in message body.
Mark Emails as Spam
Even if you’ve set up a spam filter for your email account, it might not catch every unwanted email. If you see a spam message in your inbox, you can mark it as spam. By doing so, you not only move it to your Spam folder without having to open it – you also help develop more accurate filters for the future.
- In your Inbox, check the box next to message you want to report as spam.
- Note: You can select more than one message at a time.
- Click the Spam button on the taskbar.
- A confirmation message will appear that confirms the number of messages marked as spam.
All future emails from this address will go to your spam folder. However, if you’ve marked something as spam incorrectly, you can reverse this. Here’s how:
- Open the Spam folder from the navigation pane on the left.
- Check the box next to the message that is not spam.
- Click the Not Spam button on the taskbar. The message will move to your inbox.
Keeping Track of Your Email
Having trouble finding an email that may have come in days or weeks ago? Even if you check your email often, it can still be difficult to keep track of individual messages in your Inbox.
There are several different ways you can make sure you can find the email you want, when you want it.
Move Email to Folders
If you’ve created personal folders or email filters, you’ll have different folders besides your Inbox, like Work or Family. But if a message isn’t caught by your filter, or if you want to move messages to your folders on your own, you can do so in one of three ways.
- Select the message, then drag and drop it into the folder of your choice. Or,
- Check the box next to the message and click the Move icon on the taskbar. Then select the folder. Or,
- Right-click on the message and select Move from the menu that appears. Then select the folder.
Sort Your Messages
XFINITY Connect allows you to sort email messages by subject, sender, or the date and time the email was sent. You can also sort in ascending or descending order – for instance, you could sort by date and see the oldest or newest messages first.
To sort your messages, simply click on the gray column header of your choice in your Inbox. You can choose from Subject, Sender, Folder, Size, Date
. To change from ascending to descending, simply click the black triangle
icon to the right of column header.
Search Your Messages
If you’re looking for a specific message, you can always search your Inbox like you search your computer for a file. With XFINITY Connect, you can search for a sender’s email address, words within an email, words in the subject line, and more.
Find detailed instructions on how to search your inbox
Troubleshooting Your Comcast Email Account in XFINITY Connect
Can’t find the email you’re looking for? Having trouble logging in? Have you changed your settings, but can’t see any changes to your Comcast email account in XFINITY Connect? If so, don’t worry. Often these problems are not serious.
In fact, there are several basic steps you can take to clear up these issues. To find out more about troubleshooting your Comcast email account in XFINITY Connect, look here.