Want to make sure you set up Outlook Express with Comcast correctly? It only takes a few steps.
Start Outlook Express from the Quick Launch toolbar or by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
Select Tools from the top menu of Outlook Express, and then choose Accounts... from the dropdown list.
Select the Mail tab from the top of the Internet Accounts window, and select your Comcast email account, then click Properties.
In the Mail window, select the General tab.
- Mail account field - enter a descriptive name such as Comcast Mail.
- User Information - enter the name you would like displayed in your outgoing email messages.
- Organization field - skip this field.
- Email Address field - enter your full comcast.net email address but leave the Reply Address field blank
Select the Servers tab from the top and enter the following:
- POP3 into the My Incoming Mail Server field.
- mail.comcast.net in the Incoming Mail (POP3) field.
- smtp.comcast.net in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) field.
- Under Incoming Mail Server, enter your user name in the Account Name field (the first half of your Comcast email address), then enter your password in the Password field.
- Check Remember Password if you want Outlook Express to save your password
Under Outgoing Mail Server, check My Server Requires Authentication, then click Settings.
On the Outgoing Mail Server settings page, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
Select the Advanced tab at the top and enter the following and then click OK:
- 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field and check This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- 995 in the Incoming mail (POP3) field and check This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
Select Close, then start using Outlook Express.
If you have completed all of the steps above and are still experiencing an issue, please contact us.