The Wireless Gateway 2 (model number DPC3939) provides the functionality of a WiFi router, DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and voice modem in a single device. If you have both XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet services, the wireless gateway is an all-in-one way to stay connected and manage a home network.
- High-Speed Internet: The Wireless Gateway 2 contains a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, which means some of the fastest download speeds available.
- Dual-Band WiFi: The Wireless Gateway 2 provides dual-band WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz). Connect multiple computers, laptops, tablets and other WiFi devices to the Internet wirelessly, with higher maximum throughput (200 Mbps) using 5 GHz.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: Connect up to four wired devices to the Wireless Gateway 2.
- Home Networking: Connect your computers, printers and other devices to the Wireless Gateway 2 to access the Internet both wirelessly and with cables.
- Built-In Security: The Wireless Gateway 2 comes with Comcast-recommended settings for a secure network (e.g., firewall, WiFi). However, for added security, Comcast recommends changing the default password for the administration site (Admin Tool) to a password of your own.
- Phone Service: The Wireless Gateway 2 supports your XFINITY Voice service with two analog telephone ports (if you also subscribe to XFINITY Voice service).
To download the Wireless Gateway 2 Quick Start Guide and the User Manual for your specific model number, see Wireless Gateway Guides
The front panel of the Wireless Gateway 2 displays a series of LED lights, which indicate different features. You can use the following image to further familiarize yourself with the front panel.
Front panel items include:
- Power: AC power status
- US/DS: Upstream/downstream connectivity
- Online: Internet connectivity status
- 2.4 GHz WiFi: Wireless LAN status for 2.4 GHz band*
- 5 GHz WiFi: Wireless LAN status for 5 GHz band*
- Tel1/Tel2: Phone line status
- Battery: Battery power status
Both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless gateway LED lights will flash as your device sends and receives data.
On the back panel of the Wireless Gateway 2 you will find several ports and buttons. Refer to the following image to familiarize yourself with the back panel.
Back panel items include:
- The Reset button allows you to reboot the Wireless Gateway 2 if you experience connectivity issues.
- USB 2.0 connectors (future capability).
- Telephone connectors allow you to connect two lines of telephone service if you have two numbers.
- Home alarm port.
- Ethernet ports allow you to connect up to four devices (such as computers, game systems and printers) to your home network with an Ethernet cable.
- MoCA LED.
- The Cable connector provides Internet service to the wireless gateway through a coaxial cable, the same kind of cable that transmits TV service to your set-top box.
- The Power connector is for the wireless gateway's power cord.
The top panel of the Wireless Gateway 2 features the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button. The WPS LED button connects WPS-compatible devices to your network.
Installing the Wireless Gateway Battery (Only for XFINITY Voice Service)
A backup battery can be installed in your Wireless Gateway 2 to provide additional hours of XFINITY Voice service during a power outage. Visit Purchase a Battery for Your XFINITY Voice Phone Modem for more information on purchasing a battery. (Backup batteries are not available for purchase from Comcast by Unlimited Select and Local Select customers.)
For help installing a battery, see Install a Backup Battery in Your Wireless Gateway.
You can view and adjust your router and network settings - including features like Parental Controls, security settings and your Network Names (SSIDs) and Network Password (Key) - through the Wireless Gateway 2's Admin Tool, which is located online at http://10.0.0.1.
To learn about the admin tool, see Securing Your Wireless Gateway Network. To learn about advanced features, see Using Advanced Wireless Gateway Features.