Use the XFINITY Connect app to make outgoing calls with your home phone number. Use up to four additional personal phone numbers, provided by Comcast, for you and your family to make outgoing calls and use the Advanced Call Forwarding service.
For details about the XFINITY Connect app, see XFINITY Connect App Login and Messaging FAQs.
Note: Voice2go is not included with the XFINITY Voice Unlimited Saver plan.
Activate Voice2go Using the XFINITY Connect App
- Download the XFINITY Connect app from the Google Play store or iTunes.
- If you are eligible for Voice2go, you will automatically be directed to a setup page when you launch the XFINITY Connect app. If you dismiss the prompt to enable Voice2go setup, you can bring it back up by pressing the Call button on the bottom tray of the XFINITY Connect app.
- Tap on Get Started.
- After signing up, you will have the option to activate both Outbound Calls and Incoming Calls. Text Messaging will be automatically activated.
- Read the Terms & Conditions, and then press Accept.
- On the confirmation screen, the blue text will appear contextually depending on your choice to activate Inbound or Outbound calling, or both.
Voice2go Platform Upgrades
If you haven’t already done so, you may need to upgrade your XFINITY Voice service in order to activate the features associated with Voice2go. If an upgrade is necessary, you will receive additional notifications when signing up for Voice2go via the XFINITY Connect app. Note that during the first part of the upgrade and activation process, your home phone service will be temporarily unavailable. Once completed, your modem will automatically reset to apply Voice2go correctly.
Tapping the Call button during the upgrade process will bring you to a pending status screen.
Once the upgrade is complete, you will be redirected to accept Inbound calls, Outbound calls and the Terms of Service.
If an upgrade to your XFINITY Voice service is necessary to activate Voice2go, it may also be determined that you need to upgrade your modem. If so, you will be given the option to replace your modem for free via live chat or by calling 855-242-3693.
Local With More Customers
If you are currently a Local With More subscriber, you will need to upgrade to XFINITY Voice Unlimited in order to be eligible for Voice2go. However, you are still able to opt in for Text Messaging free of charge.
Creating a Personal Phone Number for use with Voice2go
For instructions on how to activate Voice2go on your personal telephone numbers, please see How to Activate Voice2go on Personal Telephone Numbers.