Use the XFINITY Connect app to make outgoing calls with your home phone number. Use up to four additional personal phone numbers, provided by Comcast, for you and your family to make outgoing calls and use the Advanced Call Forwarding service.
Details about the XFINITY Connect app can be found here.
How to Activate Voice 2go
- Download the XFINITY Connect app from the Google Play store or iTunes.
- Tap the Call button on the bottom tray of the XFINITY Connect app to bring up the Voice 2go Sign Up window. If you dismiss the prompt to enable Voice 2go, you can bring it back at any time by tapping the Call button again.
- Tap Sign Up.
- After signing up, you will have the option to activate both Inbound and Outbound calls.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, then press Accept.
- On the confirmation screen, the blue text will appear contextually depending on your choice to activate Inbound calls, Outbound calls, or both.
Voice 2go Platform Upgrades
If you haven’t already done so, you may need to upgrade your XFINITY Voice service in order to activate the features associated with Voice 2go. If an upgrade is necessary, you will receive additional notifications when signing up for Voice 2go via the XFINITY Connect app. Please note that during the first part of the upgrade and activation process, your home phone service will be temporarily unavailable. Once completed, your modem will automatically reset to apply Voice 2go correctly.
Tapping the Call button during the upgrade process will bring you to a pending status screen.
Once the upgrade is complete, you will be redirected to accept Inbound calls, Outbound calls and the Terms of Service.
If an upgrade to your XFINITY Voice service is necessary to activate Voice 2go, it may also be determined that you will need to upgrade your modem as well. If so, you will be given the option to replace your modem for free via live chat or by calling 855-242-3693.
Local With More Customers
If you are currently a Local With More subscriber, you will need to upgrade to XFINITY Voice Unlimited in order to be eligible for Voice 2go. However, you are still able to opt-in for Text Messaging free of charge.
Creating a Personal Phone Number for use with Voice 2go
How to activate Voice 2go on personal telephone numbers
- Go to www.comcast.net and click on My Account.
- Sign in with your primary Comcast ID and password.
- Select the Users & Settings tab.
- Click on the Email & Voice Settings tab.
- Click on Voice 2go under Additional Voice Features in the Voice settings section.
- Click Add Personal Phone Numbers and follow the Add Personal Phone Number wizard.
We will notify you by email when Voice 2go service is activated on your personal telephone numbers. When you receive the email, if you have not already done so, please follow the steps below in order to use the service:
- Click here and sign in with your username and password to set up Advanced Call Forwarding in XFINITY Connect.
- Download the XFINITY Connect app and login using your Comcast ID and password to start making calls using your home phone number.