Nomorobo is a cloud-based service that blocks or hangs up on illegal robocaller or telemarketer calls before they reach the intended residential phone number, and it’s now available for use with XFINITY Voice! This article guides you through setting up Nomorobo with your home phone service.
Set up Nomorobo through XFINITY Connect
To set up Nomorobo with your XFINITY Voice service:
- Go to http://www.nomorobo.com/signup. Follow the steps to add your phone number and click Next.
- When you reach the step "Setup Your Carrier," sign in to www.comcast.net using your primary Comcast ID and password.
- Select Voice & Text.
- Select Preferences from the main menu, then select Voice.
- From the list of Voice settings, click on Advanced Call Forwarding.
- From the Advanced Call Forwarding drop-down menu, click Add. Then enter the Nomorobo phone number - 202-813-1600. Be sure not to forward all calls to Nomorobo, as this may result in a busy signal when calling your home phone.
- Click Save.
- On the Nomorobo setup page, select Next. Then select Call me. I’m ready now to perform a test call and verify that the service is setup correctly. Wait until the third ring to pick up the phone.
Your incoming phone calls will now route simultaneously to Nomorobo and your XFINITY Voice telephone number. Nomorobo will screen the calls and will automatically hang up if they are determined to be from an illegal robocaller or telemarketer.
To disable Nomorobo, simply return to the Advanced Call Forwarding menu (see Step 5 above) and click the X next to the Nomorobo phone number.
I've enabled and verified Nomorobo on my phone. What do I do now?
Continue to use your phone like normal. All you’ll need to do is to wait for the second ring to answer the phone for incoming calls, as Nomorobo needs the first ring to detect robocallers. If you only hear one ring and then it stops, you know a robocaller was just blocked. If the phone continues ringing, you should answer it.
Will this block my doctor's office, prescription reminders, school closings, weather advisories, etc.?
No. The only numbers that are blocked are reported, illegal robocallers.
A robocaller still called me. What happened?
Occasionally, a robocaller or a telemarketer will slip through, as Nomorobo must constantly adapt to their changes in tactics. If you do get a robocall, please report it here.
Does Nomorobo work with Comcast Business Voice customers?
At this time, Nomorobo is only available to residential customers who subscribe to XFINITY Voice Unlimited service.
What about political and charity calls?
Nomorobo does not block these types of calls at this time.
Who can I contact with more questions?
If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions, please send an email to email@example.com.