This article details how to download and use the Send to TV functionality, which allows XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System customers to send websites and/or videos from a PC, smartphone or tablet to their televisions.
Note: This feature is currently available for X1 customers with XG1 devices only.
- Access https://sendtotv.x1.comcast.net/ and click Send to TV
- Sign in with your Comcast ID and password to have Send to TV display your favorite web content to view right on your TV.
- Additional data from your Internet connection will be used to send content to your TV with the Send to TV feature. Click Accept to agree to the Data Usage Agreement to continue.
- If you have multiple XG1 set-top boxes, you’ll be prompted to select the set-top box that you wish the content to appear on.
- Once you have signed in and downloaded the Send to TV feature, drag the Send to TV button to your browser's Bookmarks bar. This will install the bookmarklet needed to make the Send to TV feature work.
- When you come across a video or website that you would like to view on your television using your XG1 device, click on the Send to TV bookmarklet.
- Sign in with your Comcast ID and password. (You will need to sign in each time you wish to use the Send to TV feature.)
- Additional data from your Internet connection will be used to send content to your TV with the Send to TV feature. Click Accept to agree to the Data Usage Agreement to continue. This message will appear each time you attempt to use the Send to TV feature.
iPhone and Android Devices
You may also install the Send to TV feature to your iPhone or Android mobile device by following these steps:
- Go to https://sendtotv.x1.comcast.net/
- Bookmark this page.
- Open up your list of Bookmarks and tap Edit. Then select Send to TV.
- Clear the URL and paste the text from Step 2.
- Browse the web as you normally would. When you find something you'd like to see on your TV, tap Send to TV in your Bookmarks.
Using Send to TV
- Select the XG1 device upon which you would like to view the video or webpage.
- Select the content you wish to send to your TV. If the page contains solely video with video tags, the video content will be sent. If the site contains no video content, only the website will be sent. If the site contains both video tags and website content, you will be given a choice whether you wish to send the video or the full website.
- After choosing the content, the feedback screen will appear, indicating that the data is being sent to your XG1 device.
- After sending a video or website to your XG1 device, a web remote with soft keys will be displayed on the computer screen (or smartphone or tablet screen) that allows you to navigate the website.
- To view video playback on your XG1 device, you can use the web remote soft keys or your TV remote. You can view the control options available by pressing the “?” icon, which include:
- Exit/”X icon: Exits Send to TV
- B/TV (with audio symbol): Mute TV audio
- Up: Turn Send to TV volume
- Down: Turn Send to TV volume down
- PgUp: Skip forward five minutes while playing video content
- PgDown: Rewind five minutes while playing video content
- Send to TV Optimized Sites will allow you to access hyperlinks displayed on the XG1 device to navigate the webpage.
- Send to TV Un-optimized Sites will allow you to view and read website information; however, you will not be able click on any hyperlinks within these sites. In addition, these sites will not appear full-screen.
- You can also share the Send to TV experience via email, which will contain two URLs. One URL takes the recipient through the Send to TV widget experience of the website, while the other takes the recipient directly to the website itself.
- Send to TV will not display on RNG150N devices in HD.
- Send to TV will prompt the customer for a parental control PIN when content titles and ratings are enabled.
- Send to TV supports HD-only resolution on the XG1.
- Additional information is available in the Send to TV FAQs section on the Send to TV website.