In the Preferences menu of the X1 Platform from XFINITY on-screen guide, you have the option to choose font size, set up notifications and more. Read below for more information.
Access the Preferences Menu
To access Preferences:
- From the Main menu, highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK.
- Highlight the Preference or Notification you want to toggle on or off by pressing OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, where applicable.
Preference Settings Menu Options
In Preferences, you can customize the following options:
- Background Darkness Level – Change the background darkness level to your personal preference. (Available on the new guide on the X1 Platform only)
- Auto-tune to HD channels: When this option is on, the set-top box will automatically change from an SD channel to the HD version of the same channel, if one is available.
- Guide Font Size - Change guide font to small, medium or large sized font. (Not available with the new guide on the X1 Platform)
- Display Info Pop-ups - Turn on or off
- Recently viewed content - Turn on or off
- Caller ID notifications: Turn on or off.
- Text Messaging: Turn on or off