XFINITY Home Secure's in-home touch screen gives you instant control of your security system, plus fun extras to keep you connected to the world around you. Learn how to add and edit apps via the website and touch screen.
Note: This FAQ is for XFINITY Home Secure customers only. If you live in the Houston, Texas, area and purchased XFINITY Home prior to November 16, 2011, please click here.
Adding Apps via the Touch Screen in XFINITY Home
- From the XFINITY Home Subscriber Portal, select APPS to manage.
Note: Not all Apps may be available.
- To install an App, mouse over the App from the App banner and click Install. App shouldn’t show installed.
- Confirm the addition by clicking Install or click Cancel to void process.
- The app is added to the touch screen and the Subscriber Portal.
Deleting Apps via the Touch Screen in XFINITY Home
- To delete an App, mouse over the App and click Delete.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Delete App or click Cancel to void process.
- The app is deleted from the Subscriber Portal and the touch screen.
Editing Apps via the Touch Screen in XFINITY Home
To edit an App, mouse over the App and click Edit. The App will bring up any configurable fields, which vary for each App.
Note: Not all Apps are configurable. When you mouse over the App you will receive a message stating "Can't Edit or Move" if this option is not allowed. You will need to configure the App from the touch screen.