Learn more about basic troubleshooting of your XFINITY Self Installation Kit.
- Ensure the device connections are "finger tight", including the coax cable from the wall to the back of the device.
- Verify all power cords are connected and plugged into a working outlet or power strip.
- If your devices are all correctly connected, please make sure you activate your services by going online or by phone to enjoy your XFINITY services. Learn how to activate.
Equipment that is not activated within seven days after the date the order is requested to complete may interfere with the service order. You will be given the requested date of completion when you set up your order through a Comcast agent. This is particularly important for orders that include XFINITY Voice, since waiting too long may result in loss of dial tone or loss of the phone number. Activate all your equipment promptly for best results.
- Check that your TV is on.
- Remember to place batteries in your remote.
- For HD TV and HD set-top boxes, ensure your TV input is set to "HDMI" or "Component" depending on the cables used to connect the set-top box to the TV.
XFINITY Internet and XFINITY Voice
- Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected to both your computer and cable modem.
- Power-cycling your modem will often restore Internet connectivity – the easiest way to do this is by simply unplugging your cable modem for two minutes. Once the cable modem is plugged back in, wait for it to restore connectivity (up to five minutes). See below for modems including phone service.
- If using a wireless network, try connecting directly to your modem using your Ethernet cord. If this works, you may not be connected properly to the wireless network in your home.
- Finally, restart your computer. If this does not restore your service, contact us and an experienced XFINITY representative will assist you.
- For XFINITY Voice customers, try power-cycling the modem by pressing the Reset button located on the back of the modem. Press the Reset button until you see the lights go off on the front of the unit. Release the Reset button and wait for the unit to cycle.